Post-care is very important to the appearance and longevity of your new eyebrows. Please be patient and follow the below instructions closely. It is normal that your brows may not be perfect from one session due to each person’s skin conditions, lifestyle, health/medication, and aftercare. Touchup sessions are recommended to achieve the desired results.
DAY OF PROCEDURE:
After 2 hours
- Blot your eyebrows every hour for 3 hours with a cotton pad with water. This helps wipe of lymphs fluid buildup and avoid thick scabs from forming.
FOR THE NEXT 7 DAYS:
- Keep the area clean by washing with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser (mild soap).
- Apply a THIN layer of ointment at once a day.
- Ointment should also be applied BEFORE or AFTER taking a shower and prior to washing your face.
- Do not scrub, rub or pick at the epithelial crust that forms. Allow it to flake off naturally up to the 7 days of healing.
The following must be avoided during all 14 days post procedure:
- Increased sweating
- Practicing sports
- Swimming, hot sauna, hot bath, or Jacuzzi
- Sun tanning or salon tanning
- UV/UVA Rays or chemicals as they have been known to cause a shift in color and premature fading
- Any laser or chemical treatments or peelings, and/or any creams containing Retin-A or Glycolic acid on the face or neck
- Picking, peeling, or scratching of the micro pigmented area in order to avoid scarring of the area or removal of the pigment
- Performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement cleaning where there is a lot of airborne debris
- Drinking alcohol in excess, as it may lead to slow healing of wounds
- Touching of the eyebrow area except for when rinsing and applying the post-care cream with a cotton swab
If you have any unexpected problems with the healing of the skin, please contact us immediately to discuss further instructions.
Contact a physician if any signs or symptoms develop such as the following: fever, redness at the site, swelling, tenderness of the procedure site, elevated body temperature, red streaks going from the procedure site towards the heart, and/or any green/yellow discharge that is foul in odor.
What to Expect After Your Eyebrow Tattoo Session
Entire healing process will take from 4-6 weeks depending on your body regeneration and age. Your new eyebrows will go through several phases during the healing cycle.
Note that because of natural skin regeneration, after recovery period (peeling), brows might appear lighter than the original. This might give you the impression that color is fading too quickly. Often even with proper care, clients may lose original color which make brows look uneven. It is absolutely normal. A touchup is typically recommended after 6 weeks to complete the process.
Once completely healed, always apply a layer of sunscreen SPF 30 up to SPF 50 on your eyebrows when exposed to the sun. Sun exposure might cause the color pigment to fade away more quickly. When using foundation, be aware when applying to avoid your healed eyebrows. If foundation covers healed brows, your eyebrows will appear lighter.
You can now enjoy your beautiful new eyebrows!